Thoughts on the Ecodiesel JL?

displayname

Anyone have strong thoughts on the new-ish ecodiesel models? Obviously pros and cons, but anyone have experience with these?

I'd also be interested to hear any speculations for the future. Will they keep making them, or will they be a short run with just a few years? Will they be reliable enough to be a daily driver that hits 100K+ miles? Will they be longer lived than the current 4xe? Will it potentially limit upgrades or become difficult to find parts for down the road? Let me know what you think!

Jefe4x4

Head Honcho
Staff member
Local VIP
I think they're 100% reliable. This is the 3rd iteration of Mopar's 3.0 EcoDiesel and I think its going to be long lived. I know some of the youtube people think it might be short, but I have one in a 2021 Rubicon and its not only impressive offroad with the extra torque - it's more impressive on road getting 21mpg on 39" KM3's towing a little offroad trailer. I think they will surpass 100k with flying colors. The banks derringer shows to be giving it some good power added too!

displayname

I think they're 100% reliable. This is the 3rd iteration of Mopar's 3.0 EcoDiesel and I think its going to be long lived. I know some of the youtube people think it might be short, but I have one in a 2021 Rubicon and its not only impressive offroad with the extra torque - it's more impressive on road getting 21mpg on 39" KM3's towing a little offroad trailer. I think they will surpass 100k with flying colors. The banks derringer shows to be giving it some good power added too!
Glad to hear positives about reliability. It seems no matter what vehicle you're considering the internet will make you think twice, haha