Spring / Summer - Wheeling 101 - June 12th - Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area!

Jefe4x4

Head Honcho
Staff member
Local VIP
Everyone had so much fun at the last Wheeling 101, we're going to do it again!

When: June 12th @ 9:00AM Sharp - Will group back at the Pavillion around Noon for lunch.
Where: Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area - Meet at the Pavillion by the bathrooms
Description: We're going to break everyone up into 3 groups!
CAMPING: If you want to camp with us - we'll be staying at the DFW CAMP
  • Group A - This will be the beginners - the people that have never been offroad or maybe even never put their Jeep into 4wd before! We'll cover everything straight from the beginning!
  • Group B - This will be the moderate group - this is for everyone that may have been out a time or two before or is somewhat familiar with what's going on.
  • Group C - This is the anything goes group. Dr. Fil will take you on an adventure that you won't forget on any trail that happens to be at Barnwell. It will get sporty.
VIP Members will get an event tshirt!

Last edited:

DireWolf

I've had the Jeep in 4L and did the easy stuff at Bridgeport once. I've also done some National Forest roads in TX and AR. I've never used the winch or aired down the tires. Would you recommend A or B?

Princess

I'm in! Group B please...reasonable experienced and comfortable but always keeping the phrase "remember you have to drive it home, stupid" in mind!

jeepdaddy

Everyone had so much fun at the last Wheeling 101, we're going to do it again!

When: June 12th @ 9:00AM Sharp - Will group back at the Pavillion around Noon for lunch.
Where: Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area - Meet at the Pavillion by the bathrooms
Description: We're going to break everyone up into 3 groups!
  • Group A - This will be the beginners - the people that have never been offroad or maybe even never put their Jeep into 4wd before! We'll cover everything straight from the beginning!
  • Group B - This will be the moderate group - this is for everyone that may have been out a time or two before or is somewhat familiar with what's going on.
  • Group C - This is the anything goes group. Dr. Fil will take you on an adventure that you won't forget on any trail that happens to be at Barnwell. It will get sporty.
VIP Members will get an event tshirt!
Group A please. Four of us will be coming for the first time and we will camp!! woot!!

Netzilla

I'm recently a Jeep owner again. I never took my other Jeeps offroad, so this time I'm Looking forward to coming out learning the how-to's and meeting some Jeep Peeps! Put me down for group A please!

Overeasy

Will there be more events like this in the near future? Just signed up to this forum and being a new jeep owner myself, would love to plan ahead for the next one. Cheers!
O l l l l l l l O

Jefe4x4

Head Honcho
Staff member
Local VIP
Will there be more events like this in the near future? Just signed up to this forum and being a new jeep owner myself, would love to plan ahead for the next one. Cheers!
O l l l l l l l O
Yes! Our forum here is very new and this is just the first one that's been published. We have a REALLY cool event this going to be a 401 event coming up in a few months. We'll post about it as soon as we have the rest of the details nailed down.