What's this stuff and where does it go?

DireWolf

I recently got my first lift on my first Jeep, and I'm trying to get to know the parts and understand what "good" looks like before I go to Bridgeport. I have 2 questions:

Q1: What are the nylon webbing straps near the coil springs on the front wheels? Are they limit straps? Mine are only connected to the Jeep on one end. Should the other end be connected to something?

Q2: There is a line going to the wheels that is likely the brake line. I noticed that they were all unclipped from the metal hoop that they can clip to. Should I clip them so they stay in place and don't rub or get snagged, or were they unclipped on purpose to allow more movement with the new suspension lift?

Thanks for helping with my newbie questions!

Jefe4x4

Head Honcho
Staff member
Local VIP
I recently got my first lift on my first Jeep, and I'm trying to get to know the parts and understand what "good" looks like before I go to Bridgeport. I have 2 questions:

Q1: What are the nylon webbing straps near the coil springs on the front wheels? Are they limit straps? Mine are only connected to the Jeep on one end. Should the other end be connected to something?

Q2: There is a line going to the wheels that is likely the brake line. I noticed that they were all unclipped from the metal hoop that they can clip to. Should I clip them so they stay in place and don't rub or get snagged, or were they unclipped on purpose to allow more movement with the new suspension lift?

Thanks for helping with my newbie questions!
#1 those are straps from rock Krawler to hold up the sway bar. They’re not my favorite but they come with the kit.

#2, there is an abs line and a brake line. As long as the abs line is zip tied to the brake line, it’ll be fine.

Hoss72

#1 those are straps from rock Krawler to hold up the sway bar. They’re not my favorite but they come with the kit.

#2, there is an abs line and a brake line. As long as the abs line is zip tied to the brake line, it’ll be fine.
“#1 those are straps from rock Krawler to hold up the sway bar. They’re not my favorite but they come with the kit.”

If you don’t use these straps when you disconnect, what do you use? My only complaint about these straps is that the buckle is not really secure, and it loosens up. A simple cam buckle on that strap would be better.

Jefe4x4

Head Honcho
Staff member
Local VIP
“#1 those are straps from rock Krawler to hold up the sway bar. They’re not my favorite but they come with the kit.”

If you don’t use these straps when you disconnect, what do you use? My only complaint about these straps is that the buckle is not really secure, and it loosens up. A simple cam buckle on that strap would be better.

This is what I've always used.

Hoss72

This is what I've always used.
Cool. I’m currently using my RockKrawler straps to keep my pressure washer hose policed up. 😂