Best Overlanding...

Jefe4x4

Head Honcho
Staff member
Local VIP
I've been all through eastern oklahoma and western arkansas. It's beautiful up there. Arkansas is prettier. While its not Colorado - its also half the distance. If we're just going to take it easy - these are some of my favorite places to go. Where do you like to go? Post some photos! If you have trouble with permissions on the forum - please let me know - this is a work in progress and i'm not 100% sure I have all the setting setup right.

ccotter9511

I’m new to DFW so I don’t have any pics but would definitely be interested in a over landing run with some other members of the forum. Just moved here from New Hampshire where the granite rocks in the trails are no joke.

blacktruck

Paula and I have been to eastern Oklahoma (Winding Stair), and Western Arkansas (Hot Springs Area) in the Ouachitas. Never been to the Ozark NF. Found some cool trails and nice campsites, but also found a lot of overgrown and poorly maintained forest service roads. We have spent more time out west. Spanish peaks, San Isabel NF, Gunnison NF, San Juan NF, Rio Grande NF, and Uncompaghre NF in CO. Manti-LaSalle (both LaSalle's and Abajo mountains) and Dixie NF in UT. Kaibab NF in AZ. I know the Moab and Monticello areas pretty well, but it is a long trip to get out west. Would like to explore eastern NM, but haven't got around to it. Broken Bow to Hot Springs looks like where we will be going in the near future so I'm open to any suggestions for the OK and AR options. Look forward to seeing ya'll out on the trail.